HENRY is an award-winning charity that is passionate about babies and young children having a healthy start in life. That means helping the whole family make positive changes to their lifestyle and building healthier communities.
We have developed a national reputation for delivering responsive packages of support that really make a difference – working with over 60 local partners, including health trusts, local authorities, public health departments, voluntary organisations and universities.
How does HENRY make a difference?
Parents want the best for their children, but it isn’t always easy to change entrenched habits – particularly in today’s fast food and sedentary culture.
Because of this we have developed the HENRY Framework for behaviour change – helping parents to gain the confidence, knowledge and tools – as well the parenting skills – they need to adopt a healthier and happier family lifestyle.
How can we help?
Our first step is always an in-depth discussion with you about local needs, services and gaps – and how we can help you to identify, engage and make a difference to families of young children at risk of obesity. This might include:
- Training for health and early years practitioners in the HENRY approach to tackling child obesity
- Structured individual or group-based family interventions
- Parent-led peer support schemes to promote a healthy family lifestyle in local communities
- Enabling childcare settingsto model a healthy lifestyle in their approach to food, activity and
- Accessible resources to support work with families, including story books, charts and online materials