4 large baking potatoes
2 tins baked beans
120g grated cheese
Salad of choice
Baking tray (optional)
Put the oven on to gas mark 6 (200°C/400°F) so it can heat up. Choose potatoes of about the same size so they need the same cooking time. Wash the potatoes and prick them all over with a knife or fork.
Place potatoes on a baking tray or directly onto the oven shelf and bake for around 60 minutes until brown and crisp. Instead of the oven, you could also cook the potatoes in a microwave for around 10-15 minutes until soft.
Using a knife or fork, test to see if potato is soft and cooked throughout. Cut open potato and add topping of your choice.
- The quantities used here will make enough to serve 4 adults.
- Baked potatoes can be served with a topping and a side salad to make a balanced meal. You could also add leftover curry, Bolognese sauce, chilli con carne, tuna and sweetcorn, cottage cheese and more.
- You could also serve these as wedges for finger food, chop before adding to a lightly greased baking tray and cook for around 30 minutes.
- You can also bake sweet potatoes, add to a baking tray and cook for around 40-60 mins depending on the size.
- If you are in a rush, you can always microwave the potato for 10 minutes, then add to the oven for 10-15 to crisp up.
Use Quorn or soya mince instead of beef for a vegetarian alternative
Serve with rice or a baked potato and some natural yoghurt to cover all four food groups!