200g noodles of choice (spaghetti also works)
2 cloves garlic
Chunk of ginger
1 tbsp sesame oil (vegetable oil will work)
1-2 fresh peppers
1tbsp natural peanut butter
Large frying pan or wok
Chicken stir fry
Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook noodles (follow packet instructions).
Wash, peel and chop the vegetables into small pieces. Peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger.
Heat the oil in the frying pan over a medium heat, if using meat, add at this stage in small strips cook for 5-10 minutes until brown, then remove. If not, add garlic, ginger and vegetables to the pan to cook for a few minutes.
If using eggs, whisk the eggs together in a bowl, move the veg to the side of the pan, creating a gap, add the eggs to this gap and slowly stir to create a scrambled effect. Then mix within the vegetables. If using meat, add back to the pan at this point. Add in the noodles and mix well.
Remove the child’s portion before adding in a dash of soy sauce.
- These quantities will make enough for 3-4 adults.
- You can add any vegetables to a stir fry such as spring onions, mushrooms, peas, broccoli.
- You could serve this with rice or noodles.
- You could also add 3-4 eggs as a meat substitute.
- Save extras in the fridge in an air-tight container for 1 day.
- Strips of meat, egg and vegetables can be served as finger foods to babies.
Great finger food - keep them in the fridge and serve them cold in lunchboxes
Easy to cook and full of colours, textures and flavours for children to explore