50g small pasta pieces such as fusilli or penne
500g of passata or 1 large can (400g) of chopped tomatoes
350g of frozen mixed vegetables
1/2 a stock cube or 1tsp bouillon powder
1tspn dried mixed herbs or 1 tblsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
800ml (1½ pints) water
chopping board and knife
saucepan and wooden spoon
tablespoon and teaspoon
Easy minestrone soup
Add all the ingredients to a large pan.
Bring to the boil stirring occasionally so the pasta does not stick to the bottom.
Turn the heat down and simmer until the pasta is cooked.
- Allow the soup to cool before serving
- Keep cooled leftover soup in the fridge for up to 2 days
- Freeze leftovers, or make double the quantity and freeze some
- If making this for a baby, leave the stock cube/bouillon powder out and mash to the right consistency
- Add different vegetables or some cooked chicken or sausages
Can also make a healthy and delicious snack you can keep in the fridge
Inexpensive, tasty and filling, with peas to add a little natural sweetness