1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 large leeks
2 large potatoes
400ml (2/3 pint) water
1/2 a stock cube or 1 tsp bouillon powder
2-3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried mixed herbs (optional)
600ml (1 pint) semi-skimmed milk
200g (about 2 full cups) frozen peas
chopping board and knife
vegetable peeler (or use knife)
saucepan and wooden spoon
tablespoon and teaspoon
sieve, potato masher or hand blender
Leek, potato and pea soup
Wash and slice the leeks. Peel the potato and cut into small chunks. Heat the oil in a large pan and add leeks and potatoes and cook for about 5 mins.
Chop the fresh herbs and add 1-2 tbsp to the pan or add all the dried mixed herbs.
Boil the water and dissolve the stock cube or bouillon powder. Add to the vegetables and simmer until all the vegetables are soft. Add the milk and peas and heat through until the peas are cooked.
Sieve, mash or blend the soup. Serve and sprinkle remaining fresh herbs on top.
- If using a sieve or mashing, chop the leeks and potatoes finely
- Allow the soup to cool before serving
- Keep cooled leftover soup in the fridge for up to 2 days
- Freeze leftovers, or make double the quantity and freeze
- If making this for a baby, leave the stock cube/bouillon powder out
Cooked all in one pan and with no prep time, this soup is healthy and no stress
A fun and filling meal with no cooking, great for picnics or parties