1-2 handfuls of vegetables of your choice, such as: onion, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, spinach.
1 x (300g) small tin new potatoes
60g of grated cheese
Splash of milk
2 tsp oil
Tablespoon and teaspoon
Fish slice or wooden spatula
Wash, peel and chop any vegetables you want to add to your omelette. Thinly slice the new potatoes. Grate cheese.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the vegetables/potatoes and fry until just soft. You may want to add a splash of water to help soften.
Meanwhile, crack the eggs and add a splash of milk into a mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly. Pour the egg mixture over the fillings in the frying pan; cook over a medium heat until the egg is thoroughly set.
If adding cheese, sprinkle it over the omelette. If you want to crisp the top of the omelette, you can place the frying pan under a pre-heated grill for 3-5 minutes until the top of the omelette is golden brown. Or you can try flipping the omelette in the flying pan (see top tips).
- The quantities used here will make enough for 2-4 adults.
- Serve alongside a side salad for a delicious balanced meal.
- For babies you can cut into strips and served as finger food.
- If you do not have a grill, a good tip is to turn the omelette out onto a plate and then tip the omelette back into the pan on the opposite side to brown.
- Pre-cooked vegetables, meat or fish can be added to this recipe so it’s a great way to use up leftovers.
- Any leftover omelette can be cooled and stored in the fridge.
Why not balance your plate with some grilled button mushrooms and tomatoes?
Perfect as a snack or served with fillings for a family meal or packed lunch