HENRY in Southend
HENRY is funded by A Better Start Southend to provide support for expectant parents and families living in the ABSS areas with children aged 0-4 years old, to provide the best and healthiest start in life for their children.
We have two services running in Southend:
- Preparation for Parenthood - a free support service for expectant parents, providing 1-to-1 or group support over our 6-week programmes. Topics include: Becoming a parent, a healthy pregnancy, bonding and caring for your baby, labour and birth and life after birth.
- Healthy Families - a free support service for families with children 0-4yrs, providing 1-to-1 or group support via our 8-week programmes. Topics include: healthy family behaviours, staying active, diet and nutrition and parental confidence. We also offer free workshops: Fussy eating, Eating Well for Less, Understanding Children's Behaviour, Healthy Drinks, What's in our Food? and Let's Get Active.
We are running these services online or in a COVID-secure face-to-face environment in local venues.
For more information on these services, please see our leaflets:
If you’re interested in finding out more, the first step is to contact us, whichever way you would prefer.
- complete our enquiry form online: http://bit.ly/southendenquiry
- call or text us: 07851 251515
- email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also follow us on social media or visit our Digital Hub:
Digital Hub: www.henry.org.uk/southend
HENRY Southend Events
For a calendar showing our upcoming 6-week Preparation for Parenthood antenatal group programmes, please visit:
For a calendar showing our upcoming 8-week Healthy Families group programmes and various workshops for families with children 0-4yrs old, please visit:
Animated explainer video
Find out more about the HENRY approach to supporting a great start in life, how we work, how we work, what we do and why.
HENRY offers great volunteering opportunities in Southend for people who are able to give some unpaid time helping to support children to have the best possible start in life. Click here to find out more about volunteering with HENRY.
Links to https://henry.org.uk/volunteer
For any other enquiry, please email email@example.com
At HENRY we are passionate about babies and young children getting the best possible start
Real stories from HENRY families
Ideas and resources to support you and your family in these uncertain times