Best Start with HENRY Volunteers
City and Hackney
Best Start with HENRY in City and Hackney is a project which aims to reduce health inequalities, promote healthy living and promote uptake of Healthy Start Vitamins and Vouchers in the boroughs of City of London and Hackney.
As a volunteer, you will have opportunities to support the Best Start team in a wide variety of ways, including:
- Setting up and supporting local activities run by HENRY in City & Hackney
- Staffing promotional stands at local community events in City & Hackney
- HENRY outreach and promotion within the community
- Signposting parents/carers to local events, activities and services
- Working with local partners such as children’s centres, pharmacies, nurseries, libraries, etc.
- To support Healthy Families practitioners with setting up Healthy Families workshops, 8-week group programme, training sessions and other local activities run by HENRY
- To help promote Healthy Start Vitamins and the national voucher scheme across City & Hackney
- Administrative support
HENRY is committed to helping volunteers develop their own learning and development through the project, and volunteers will receive two days of free training as well as ongoing support and opportunities for development.
For more information about this volunteer role, please see the application pack or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please complete the application form and equal opportunities forms below and return to email@example.com.
Thank you for considering volunteering with HENRY – please tell friends and colleagues about our great opportunities.