HENRY in City & Hackney
UPDATE: Face-to-face interactions are being halted in the short term in response to COVID-19. We can continue to provide a remote service and maintain contact with families in City & Hackney via phone and email.
We are now running our 8 Week Healthy Families Group Programmes and Starting Solids workshop digitally. If you have children aged under 5 years who live or are registered with a GP in the City and Hackney see below for more information and how to sign up.
The Best Start with HENRY service in City & Hackney is supporting hundreds of local families with children aged 0-5 – from shortly after birth, right through to starting school – to provide a healthy, happy start in life for their children and the whole family.
Providing a healthy, happy start for young children helps lay the foundations for a brighter future where children flourish throughout childhood and beyond.
Healthy Families programme
Joining the FREE programme is easy and can be accessed by a smart phone or a computer/laptop/tablet. You will also receive a HENRY toolkit with a heap of colourful resources to support you along the way.
The programme runs for 8 weeks, 1 hour each week on the following dates/times:
Dates: Thursday 28th May - 16th July
Time: 2 - 3pm
Dates: Tuesday 2nd June - 21st July
Time: 11am - 12pm
Dates: Monday 8th June - 27th July
Time: 2 - 3pm
Read about parents who have been on the Healthy Families programme below:
"HENRY made me see that my struggles are normal and common as with any parent..."
"I found the course particularly useful as my son had been temporarily removed from my care..."
I found new friends within the group – which is great. I really enjoy meeting people I know in my area...
Healthy Families workshops
Our 1 hour Starting Solids virtual workshop is suitable for families who have babies between 3 and 6 months.
Introducing solids is a whole new chapter for you and your baby. It’s recommended that solid foods are introduced from around 6 months old. This workshop will help you get ready to introduce solids, get them off to a great start, and help them grow up enjoying a wide range of healthy foods.
Upcoming times and dates for the Starting Solids workshop are:
17 June 2pm – 3pm
24 June 11am – 12pm
Please contact us on 07519 109876 or email email@example.com to book a place on these workshops.
We are also able to provide one to one phone/video support on topics covered in our other Healthy Families workshops:
- Let’s get active – join in and learn a whole host of active games and play ideas you can enjoy at home with your baby to support their physical development
- Fussy eating – a session to equip you with the skills and strategies to help your little one gradually accept a wider range of healthy foods
- Everyday drinks – find out about sugar levels in soft drinks and explore healthier alternatives
- Portion sizes – what is a portion? How big is it? Find out all how much little ones need
- Eating well for less – healthy eating needn’t be expensive. This session helps you plan healthy meals and snacks without breaking the bank
- What’s in our food? – Green, amber, red? ‘Of which saturates?’ What does it all mean? This workshop explores the confusing world of food labels for everyday items
Getting in touch
Please get in touch to find out more about how HENRY can help – or for an informal chat if you're concerned about your baby or young child's lifestyle or eating habits.
- Telephone: 07519 109876
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep up-to-date regularly with the Best Start with HENRY service in City & Hackney and to get some helpful and healthy tips for your family, please follow us on Instagram and like our Facebook page:
If you live in or go to the GP in City or Hackney, you may be eligible for free vitamins
Find out how to make referrals to HENRY services or access local training and support