4 English muffins
1 fresh pepper
6 cherry tomatoes
4 button mushrooms
4 slices of turkey or ham
6-8 tbsp grated cheese
8 tbsp tomato sauce (chopped tinned tomatoes, passata, leftover pasta sauce and tomato puree will all work well)
1 tsp dried herbs (oregano and basil work well)
Grate cheese, finely slice ham/turkey or protein of choice. Wash, peel and finely chop the vegetables.
If needed, prepare tomato sauce by heating sauce of choice and adding a pinch of dried herbs for added flavour.
Lay out the sliced muffins, place the bottom side under the grill until golden brown. Remove from the grill, on the non-cooked side, spread on tomato sauce, cheese and vegetables of choice.
Place back under the grill until the cheese is bubbling (around 5 mins).
Remove from the grill and enjoy! Ensure cheese has cooled down before feeding to young children.
- The quantities used here will make enough to serve 4 adults.
- Service mini pizzas alongside salad such as cucumber sticks and chopped pepper.
- Cut into slices to serve as finger food for older babies.
- Instead of turkey or ham slices, you could also add leftover chicken, tuna, or meat substitutes.
- You could use sliced bread, pitta bread, crumpets or mini tortilla wraps too!
- Get the children involved with choosing their toppings and decorating their own pizzas.
- These can be stored in the fridge and eaten the next day.
Children enjoy choosing pasta shapes for this dish, which uses our easy recipe for tomato sauce
This sauce can be used to create all sorts of family meals - like tuna and sweetcorn pasta