6 Tablespoons of milk
4 slices of bread (toasted)
2 tablespoons grated cheese
8 quartered cherry tomatoes
Small knob of unsaturated margarine, butter or oil
Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the milk and whisk with a fork.
Heat the oil or margarine in a saucepan over a medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and stir continuously with a wooden spoon until the eggs are set.
Serve the eggs on toast, with crumpets, bagels or English muffins.
- The quantities used here will make enough for 2 adults.
- For a softer consistency, add a little milk to the eggs before cooking
- Serve with grilled button mushrooms and halved tomatoes for a healthier balance
- If using a non-stick saucepan there is no need to use and oil or margarine
- Children enjoy whisking eggs in the bowl
Serve baked potatoes with salad and a topping, or on the side as a healthier alternative to chips
Pre-cooked vegetables, meat or fish can be added to this recipe - a great way to use up leftovers
These work with a wide range of fillings and are great to make with the kids