HENRY in Waltham Forest
UPDATE: Face-to-face interactions are being halted in the short term in response to COVID-19. We continue to provide a remote service and are in contact with Waltham Forest families via phone, email and videocalls.
The Best Start with HENRY service supports families with children aged 0-5 to provide the best and healthiest start in life for their children.
Find out more
Our family services cover four key themes:
- Infant feeding – breast, bottle or mixed
- Healthy eating
- Oral health
- Speech & language
Digital support in response to the coronavirus:
We offer free remote support to all families in the borough with children aged 0-5.
Infant feeding – breast, bottle or mixed
- A dedicated infant feeding helpline, staffed by our local practitioners (0208 496 5222). Get practical and emotional support with breastfeeding, bottle feeding, and mixed feeding.
- Free weekly 1-hour interactive workshops, hosted by the local Infant Feeding Team. There are 3 different sessions across each week for you to take part in from the comfort of your own home. It is a great opportunity to meet other local families! Read more here.
- Support with infant feeding during covid-19 – read more here.
Healthy eating / oral health
- One-to-one support by phone/ video call with healthy eating, physical activity and oral health from our trained practitioners. Contact the office to arrange a time that suits you (firstname.lastname@example.org / 0208 496 5223)
- A free online healthy families programme running across the winter term. Meet local parents and explore guidance and solutions to issues such as parenting confidence, what children and family eat and enjoying life as a family. Read more here.
- Fortnightly Starting Solids and Healthy Teeth workshops taking place every fortnight for local families.
Speech & language
- Support with your child’s language development and communication, by phone or video call with our speech and language therapists.
The HENRY team have created additional resources and tips to help you and your family stay happy and healthy during the COVID-19 lockdown: https://www.henry.org.uk/coronavirus-support/
If you’re interested in finding out more about how we can help you, the first step is to call us
(020 8496 5223) or email email@example.com.
You can also follow us on social media:
Getting in touch
Please get in touch to find out more about how HENRY can help - or for an informal chat if you're concerned about feeding your baby, your child's eating, teeth or speech and language development.
020 8496 5223 – General enquiries
020 8496 5222 – Infant feeding helpline (available Monday-Friday 9am-5pm)
HENRY offers great volunteering opportunities in Waltham Forest for people who are able to give some unpaid time helping to support children to have the best possible start in life.
Click here to find out more about volunteering with HENRY.
HENRY Waltham Forest Calendar
Please see below for local HENRY activities in Waltham Forest, you can also add these to your own calendar:
More information for commissioners and practitioners
For help and support, call 020 8496 5222
(available Monday-Friday 9am-5pm)
Great volunteering opportunities for people who want to support children and families